Following the formal Peabody Award ceremony held at the Waldorf Astoria, it’s a running tradition to have some of the winners come to a reception at the Paley Center for Media to speak more informally about their programs.
This year we were fortunate to be joined by speakers from five of the winning programs:
- Ken Burns, executive producer and director of The Central Park Five, alongside three of the subjects of that film: Yusef Salaam, Raymond Santana, and Kevin Richardson
- Meredith Stiehm, executive producer and show runner of FX’s The Bridge
- Aaron Haroon Rashid, creator and executive producer of Burka Avenger
- Vivian Howard, writer and star of A Chef’s Life
- David France, writer and director of How to Survive a Plague