2018 NomineesIn April 2019, the Peabody Awards Board of Jurors selected 60 nominees representing the most compelling and empowering stories released in electronic media during 2018. Each year, nominees are chosen from approximately 1,300 entries across news, entertainment, documentary, children's, public service, and web/interactive programming. From this group, 30 programs are chosen to receive the coveted award.
- My World Was Burning: The North Bay Fires and What Went Wrong
A review of thousands of 911 calls and dispatch recordings revealed major systemic problems with the state’s emergency response procedures, showing limitations of...Read More »
- Thursday, March 28: Career Achievement Award press release.
- Tuesday, April 9: Nominees press release.
- Tuesday, April 16: Documentary winners press release.
- Thursday, April 18: Entertainment & Children's winners press release.
- Tuesday, April 23: News, Radio, Podcast & Public Service winners press release.