2016 NomineesIn April 2017, the Peabody Awards Board of Jurors selected 60 nominees representing the most compelling and empowering stories released in electronic media during 2016. Each year, nominees are chosen from approximately 1,200 entries across news, entertainment, documentary, children's, public service, and web/interactive programming. From this group, 30 programs were chosen to receive the coveted award.
- Tuesday, April 5: Nominees press release.
- Wednesday, April 12: Individual/Institutional winners press release.
- Tuesday, April 18: Documentary winners press release.
- Thursday, April 20: Entertainment winners press release.
- Tuesday, April 25: News, Radio, Web & Public Service winners press release.